[Spice-devel] Q: QXL + Spice stability

Juan Antonio Moya Vicén juan at securiforest.com
Tue Jul 24 06:57:09 PDT 2012

Hi list! This is Juan from Securiforest
In my company we are working on a product using virtualization with kvm.

I have been spending effort lately on benchmarking QXL and other options
like VMWare video, checking for performance and stability when running
on qemu Windows guests. I do like how QXL performs and we are thinking
on finally push it into production... but I still wonder how do you
feel about the current stability of the QXL driver for windows guests,
from your deep knowledge and open bugs/internal state. :/ I found some
not-funny BSOD's in the past...

Feels much better today (great work :D) However.. do you think it is
stable enough to push it as part of a product? Does it BSOD so often
as it used to? Maybe during long run operations?

Any feedback is welcome!
Cheers :)