[Spice-devel] Development process?

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 10:58:24 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 06/11/2012 04:45 PM, Jeremy White wrote:
> Forgive me if this is FAQ'd elsewhere, but I did not find it in a short
> hunt, and I'm curious.

Documentation is not our strong point, help with that is greatly
appreciated :)

> Who has commit access to the main trees,

For all the repositories under http://cgit.freedesktop.org/spice/
anyone who has a proven track record of being a team player and making
regular code contributions so far has been given direct commit / push
access. That currently means the entire Spice team @ Red Hat, and
Daniel P. Berrange have access (not sure if I'm missing someone ...)

Note that since access is managed through a unix group, access to one
of them means access to all of them.

 > and how is the decision to
> commit made?

For the above repositories in general the rule is send patches to
spice-devel, wait for review and revise on comments, or push on ack.

I must admit that for the linux agent and usbredir I break the rules,
since the code is 99% mine, so I my own stuff I just push without
reviews...

> But I also saw several patches appear in the xf86-video-qxl master
> branch, and I didn't see them show up anywhere in a mailing list.

That falls under the xorg umbrella, so it has different rules /
a different mailinglist. Alon can probably fill you in on this.

Regards,

Hans