[Spice-devel] xf86-video-qxl performance

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Fri Jun 29 09:37:37 PDT 2012

I am going to dive into the xf86 driver performance in a serious way
starting next week.

I'm planning on building instrumentation to let me build sample data
sets.  I want to see what sort of X operations result from a typical
work load, and how the pipes fill up, so I can start to try to find
patterns where optimization would be appropriate.

I have looked at Alon's initial patch set, thanks; I think I still need
to understand the code more deeply before I can truly grok it.

Are there any other tools I should be aware of, or inbound patch sets
that would change things significantly?

Cheers,

Jeremy