[Spice-devel] upstream qemu is broken wrt spice

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sat Mar 3 00:10:37 PST 2012

Hi,

On 03/03/2012 01:24 AM, Alon Levy wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 10:47:35PM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> While rebasing my usb patches on top of upstream qemu master to send them upstream I noticed
>> that upstream qemu is broken wrt qxl in 2 ways:
>> 1) No video output in vga mode, when booting a F-16 or F-14 vm no output is shown at all
>>     until xorg loads
>
> Is that fixed when you use latest seabios?

I just upgraded to seabios-1.6.3 from koji, still no go. Do I need an even newer
one / build from git? If so what git repo should I use?

>> 2) qxl mode itself is very very slow. This is not just a meh it feels a bit slower, it
>>     is significantly and clearly visibly slower.
>
> can you provide more information? what version is "good" compared to
> current master?

Sorry I've no time to investigate this further atm, too busy getting all
usbredir bits in place. Maybe I've some time in a week but I'm hoping someone
will have it fixed by then :)

 > current master - you mean for instance commit
> 88e6c60671df4c8b1b6c1eb8f76950ab1bea0ec2 ?

Yes that is the commit I was using, well that + rebased chardev flow
control patches, but those even come close to touching the qxl code
paths.

Note I'm seeing this with Linux guests, and yes I've tried to upgrade
the xorg driver to a version with the async patches.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans