[Spice-devel] Fix red_worker threads consuming 100% cpu when a client is connected

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sat Mar 10 11:05:02 PST 2012

Hi All,

This patch series fixes an issue where red_worker thread consume as much CPU
as they can get when a client is connected (the interesting part explaining
what is going on is in the 4th patch.

Unfortunately with this series I can reproducably crash the vm (qemu segfaults)
when using multiple heads. I've been debugging the crash, it is deep inside
the glz_encoding code, and I believe that the cause is a glz encoding bug,
and this patch set simply changes some timing in such a way that the bug
triggers. More on this in my next mail.

Regards,

Hans