[Spice-devel] Are there any qemu spice patches we should add to qemu-kvm-1.0 for Fedora?

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon Mar 12 11:49:55 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 03/12/2012 05:36 PM, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Hans de Goede<hdegoede at redhat.com>  wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> $subject says it all, if you have any such patches please rebase them
>> on top of:
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~jwrdegoede/qemu/log/?h=qemu-kvm-1.0-usbredir
>>
>> Then *test* them and send them to me, then I'll take care of getting
>> them into F-17.
>
> Could we take the volume control patches?
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-03/msg00123.html
>
> They are still in discussion, but they work fine for the past 9 months or so...

I understand why you would like to add these patches, but I must say I'm a bit
reluctant to add patches which have no clear path upstream. If you can reach
upstream consensus on how to get these upstream, ie if you can for example
get kraxel to say he will put them in his hda tree and send them to Anthony
with his next pull request, then I will happily add them.

Regards,

Hans