[Spice-devel] log file for spice-gtk

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 05:40:00 PDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> It's useless *to you*, I think there has been several people who said they
> had a use for it...

I said mostly. If it wasn't useful at all, I don't think we would have
the discussion, I wouldn't have enabled it by default in the
spice-xpi-client-* scripts, and I wouldn't propose a solution, or I
wouldn't have added logging at all etc..

And it's not only "me", I haven't seen bugs solved only with automated
logging. Backtrace and/or reproducer is what it takes most of the
time. From there we can actually use various debugging technics,
including logging (very often you actually need more/different than
what was there to figure out).

--
Marc-André Lureau