[Spice-devel] Xspice fails on F17 and Ubuntu 12.04

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sun Mar 18 07:57:04 PDT 2012

On 3/12/2012 6:38 PM, Eugene San wrote:
> My questions are:
> 1. What was the setup Xspice worked lately?

I'm currently using:
- Pre-built SPICE bits from F16
- Git build of qxl
- Windows build of remote-viewer 0.5.2 by Alon

Works for me.

> 2. Can I have some advices in order to get it working?

In my experience I need to run the server with -noreset,
otherwise I can't seem to get through KDE session startup
successfully.

> 3. Are there any plans for pushing Xspice a little more, especially in
> light of raising compositors usage and upcoming wayland, making current
> remote desktop solutions pretty useless?

We've recently discussed agent support on this list, to
e.g. enable clipboard sharing for Xspice. I believe Alon
wants to hack on that.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein