[Spice-devel] Building windows client

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 02:00:04 PDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 05:56:08PM -0600, Noel Van Hook wrote:
> I'm trying to build the Windows client from source.  I'm using Visual
> Studio 2008.
> I am getting an errror in red_channel.cpp that 'sys/time.h' is not found.
>
> Any clue what is going on?  Why would the windows build want
> 'sys/time.h' since that is a Linux include?

Can you give more details about the exact error message you are getting and
which version of spice you are trying to compile?
The only #include <sys/time.h> I can find in git are in client/threads.cpp
and client/x11/platform.cpp. The latter should not be compiled on win32,
and the former is protected with #ifdef HAVE_SYS_TIME_H, which shouldn't be
defined on win32