[Spice-devel] [ usbredir ] usb device (sagem card reader ) not working

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed May 30 03:16:14 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 05/29/2012 05:01 PM, nicolas prochazka wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to use this usb device :
> http://www.ingenico.com/en/products/payment_terminals/healthcare/twin30-plus_fm0cqjcy.html
> under windows guest, this usb device is mounting but not recognized
> it's seems to be a special usb device , that's using serial port (
> create com3  ) under windows.
>
> some debug ( spicy, qemu libspice, linux spicy host )
> version : qemu-kvm 1.1 rc3  , libspice from git, spicy 0.12

Some questions:

1) Have you tried using it without all the debugging enabled, debugging can slow things
down considerably, and if this device is using an ftdi usb to serial conversion chip,
then performance is going to matter, as that device has a buffer which needs to be
emptied X times a second.

2) You say you're using qemu-kvm 1.1 rc3, do you have any additional patches on top
of that? Unfortunately the chardev flowcontrol spice needs both for its agent and
for usbredir is still not upstream :| usbredir will not be very reliable without
chardev flowcontrol. Can you try using my qemu git tree here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~jwrdegoede/qemu/log/?h=qemu-kvm-1.0-usbredir

Note that you need to use the qemu-kvm-1.0-usbredir branch, I'l try to rebase
the chardev flowcontrol patches on top of 1.1-rc# one of these days.

Regards,

Hans