[Spice-devel] Spice arm port 2D rendering/requirements

sarfaraz ahmed sarfaraz19 at live.com
Fri Nov 9 22:24:12 PST 2012

Hello,

I have come to know that GNU/Linux Arm ports for various arm platforms out there usually dont have a working X server. The GPUs usually lack a dedicated X server driver. That being the case arm platforms usually support OpenGLES/OpenVG libraries. spice-gtk arm port is 2D operations intensive. I believe to use an arm board as a thinclient for SPICE we need proper 2D rendering on the board. Without accelerated X server, can i use openvg? please elaborate i am not even sure what i said earlier is totally correct.

To custom build a spice thinclient what should i look for in a embedded system?
according to openthinclient.org i need a x86 proc+ working X.org+ 128MB ram. Is it possible to get spice-gtk arm perform well without a hardware/GPU accelerated X server.