[Spice-devel] Spice arm port 2D rendering/requirements

Attila Sukosd attila.sukosd at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 01:32:09 PST 2012

Hi,

We have been testing a number of thin clients lately, but I have to say
that we haven't met one which did not have an X driver :)
These include everything from HP thinclients to raspberry pis, trimslice
etc.

I think pixman does a pretty good job basic draw operations, but for video
playback it could make sense to codec pass-through (
http://spice-space.org/page/Features/CodecPassthrough) to let the graphics
driver decode it,
instead of the overhead of encoding then decoding MJPEG.

/Attila