[Spice-devel] qemu with spice and qxl crashes

Davide Canova davide.canova at heliman.it
Wed Nov 14 03:16:36 PST 2012

I've never been able to make qemu with spice and qxl work: some month
ago it was causing problems in the guest os and now it just crashes
with this error message:

(/usr/sbin/xl:3463): Spice-CRITICAL **: red_memslots.c:123:get_virt:
slot_id 194 too big, addr=c2c2c2c2c2c2c2c2

I'm stuck and I'm looking for any clue about this.

The host os is Debian Wheezy with Xen unstable from source[*], qemu
upstream unstable, seabios unstable, spice 0.12 (all other
dependencies installed from Debian packages).

I tried with qemu from spice repository too, but no luck
(http://cgit.freedesktop.org/spice/qemu/log/?h=spice.v63).

Thanks,
DC

[*] with qxl patch v5
(http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-10/msg01790.html)
and these lines in Config.mk:
----
PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG =
QEMU_UPSTREAM_URL ?= git://git.qemu.org/qemu.git
SEABIOS_UPSTREAM_URL ?= git://code.coreboot.org/seabios.git
SEABIOS_UPSTREAM_TAG ?= master
----