[Spice-devel] QEMU hangs when shutdown windows7 guest with virtio-serial drivers installed

Dunrong Huang riegamaths at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 03:22:58 PST 2012

Thanks for your quick reply.

2012/11/16 Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com>:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 06:02:33PM +0800, Dunrong Huang wrote:
>> I meet a weird problem:
>> If I I boot QEMU with virtio-serial being enabled and assign only one
>> cpu to windows VM, when I shutdown VM, QEMU hangs with using 100% cpu.
>
> What version of virtio-serial were you using? The old virtio-serial driver
> from spice-guest-tools-0.1 had similar issues.
The driver I downloaded is from
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/images/bin/virtio-win-0.1-30.iso.

After mounting ISO, I found following content:
$ cat win7/x86/vioser.inf
[Version]
Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"
Class=System
ClassGuid={4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Provider=%REDHAT%
DriverVer=07/03/2012,61.63.103.3000
CatalogFile=vioser.cat
DriverPackageType = PlugAndPlay
DriverPackageDisplayName = %VirtioSerial.DeviceDesc%

Is there a newer driver that has fixed the issue?

--
Best Regards,

Dunrong Huang