[Spice-devel] Already connected USB devices...

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 02:27:59 PST 2012

Hi,

On 11/20/2012 11:41 PM, Klaus Hochlehnert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if it’s possible to auto connect already plugged-in USB devices when virt-viewer starts?
>
> We’re using an Ubuntu-client with virt-viewer and SPICE and this client has permanently a card reader plugged in.

With the latest spice-gtk from git you should be able to use
remote-viewer --spice-usbredir-redirect-on-connect='...' spice://127.0.0.1:5932

See here for the format for the '...' part:
http://people.fedoraproject.org/~jwrdegoede/spice-reference/SpiceUsbDeviceManager.html#SpiceUsbDeviceManager--auto-connect-filter

Note that this doc describes the gobject property corresponding to
the --spice-usbredir-auto-redirect-filter cmdline option, so don't
get confused by the description of what it does / the default,
I only point to it for the description of the filter-string format!

Note that we've not yet done a release with this functionality included,
so to get this you need to either wait a bit, or build spice-gtk from git.

Regards,

Hans