[Spice-devel] Very poor performance on KVM with Ubuntu 12.10 guest

David Jaša djasa at redhat.com
Thu Nov 22 02:06:12 PST 2012

Jodi Curtis píše v St 21. 11. 2012 v 17:22 +0000:
> Hi
>

> The file doesn't exist on the host

You should _create_ the file in the _guest_.

>  and I had already written off Ubuntu 12.x, the host is command line
> only, I moved to Xubuntu, which offers better performance,

That's actually no surprise, spice does noticeably worse with
compositing managers in guest OSs.

> I am hoping I can improve it by using the guest source provided by
> spice, the Ubuntu guest was partially crashing (launcher I think).
>
> I've not decided whether to stick with Xubuntu yet.
>

> I also have a problem with en-gb map not mapping some keys despite
> being configured in spice and on the guest os (#~ not working at all,
> @' mapping to ¬` and ¬` not working at all)
>
> It is only a problem through spice, but three (four when programming)
> of these are quite important.
>
> It's not the US map as " would be @, so I am about to Google for it,
> to see how I can edit it, and which bit is the problem

Let's see what developers could say in the separate thread. I've never
seen keyboard problems like this linux clients and I alternate between
Czech and English/US layouts in both clients and guests regularly.

David