[Spice-devel] server RFC: 2 significant build-time changes

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri Nov 23 07:58:23 PST 2012

Hey,

This patch series introduces 2 build system changes that are worth some
attention. The first one disables client build by default as it's deprecated,
and the second patch adds a dependency on glib2. Both of these patches
are steps in the right direction in my opinion, but I'm happy with
dropping them if there is some disagreement over that ;)

The third patch uses the glib string API in a very specific place, there
are probably cleanup that can be done in many places by replacing
home-grown stuff with glib replacements. I also was not sure where
to add the glib dep, it may be more appropriate to have it in spice-common
so that we can use it in common/mem.[ch] for example.