[Spice-devel] Using remote-viewer in scripts.

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 05:35:31 PDT 2012

Hey,

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 01:04:02PM +0200, Trebor Forban wrote:
> can somebody possibly tell me how I can get the remote-viewer client
> to exit when the connection to the server can't be established,
> instead of displaying a dialog-box where one can only click "OK"? At
> least for me, this would be more suitable for scripting.

I'm afraid remote-viewer cannot do that at the moment, and would need to be
patched to do that. One way of doing that could be to not display the
dialog if the URI has been passed on the command -line. Another way would
be to add a --no-interactive switch which would require passing a URI on
the command line, and would not display a dialog when an error occurs.
If you are looking for a short term workaround, maybe you can check with
netstat if a connection has been established, and kill remote-viewer if
this takes too long?