[Spice-devel] USB-redirection

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 01:42:56 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 09/04/2012 09:42 PM, Trebor Forban wrote:
> Hello spice developers,
>
> can someone help me debug the following error message, which is
> displayed after inserting an usb-device although all seems to work:
>
> "Could not auto-redirect ... at ...: Cannot connect an already
> connected usb device"

Hmm, that is strange, that means that the hotplug code sees a device
show up which is already there...

Questions:
1) With which platform/os is this (on both the host and client side)
2) If the client is Linux, and you can reproduce the error
    can you do an lsusb on the client, after the error please.
3) Does the device work inside the guest after this, despite the error?
4) What versions of qemu / spice-server / spice-gtk are you using ?

Regards,

Hans