[Spice-devel] Spice performance

Olli Ruotsalainen olli.ruotsalainen at finnet.fi
Fri Sep 7 03:42:44 PDT 2012

Hi Spice Support,

I have Red Hat Virtualization environment. I have few virtual machines there which are running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3.  I'm controlling and using the virtual machines with my remote PC over SPICE.

Mostly things are working quite well. However I have discovered some performance issues in the Spice protocol. The system comes really laggy when browsing web pages with Flash animations. Sometimes it's just impossible to watch Youtube-videos.

-          Are there ways to boost up the SPICE protocol's performance so that virtual machine won't be so laggy?

-          Any ideas how to get Spice protocol running more smoothly?

I thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Olli Ruotsalainen