[Spice-devel] [Users] multiple concurrent spice consoles (was Ovirt + Spice + VDI)

David Jaša djasa at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 06:38:27 PDT 2012

John A. Sullivan III píše v Čt 13. 09. 2012 v 08:38 -0400:
> On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 08:06 -0400, Alon Levy wrote:
> > > Hi Mohsen,
> > >
> > > multiple sessions to the single VM are not on the roadmap. There is
> > > experimental multi-client support but it is to make more users see
> > > the
> > > same session.
> >
> > Moshen,
> >
> >  I misunderstood. In this case, I guess I don't actually see how we could fix your problem without circumventing any mechanism that windows has to count license users.
> >
> >  Please ignore my lengthy email, it won't help you at all.
> >
> > Alon
> <snip>
> We are actually quite interested in something like this.  In effect, it
> is RDS but replaces the RDP protocol with SPICE for the advantages SPICE
> brings.
>
> We have also been toying with the idea of using KVM/KSM to move to a
> single server per user.  This would provide much greater isolation and
> non-repudiation but we are concerned about the overhead of KVM on the
> KVM host and deduplication on the SAN.

This is going to get way better, qemu folks are working on discarding
deleted blocks so once you delete something on thin-provisioned storage,
it will be freed for reuse.

If you can afford it, then using & recycling oVirt templates will allow
you to go for 1000+ % storage overcommit right now.

David