[Spice-devel] Patch series introduction - Deferred FPS mode

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Sat Sep 15 09:09:16 PDT 2012

The next set of 3 patches introduce a 'Deferred Frames' mode
into xf86-video-qxl.

This more correctly (at least imho) implements the patch first
presented in the email titled:
  Performance of Xspice - some results, and a potential patch

For the use cases I'm focused on (XSpice, simple office applications),
this dramatically reduces bandwidth usage which makes XSpice much
more pleasant over a WAN connection.

These patches depend on two of my prior patches.  The first is
 'Fix XSPICE compile breakage introduced by fb038eb3.'
and the second is:
 'Unify memory management for the primary screen.'

Cheers,

Jeremy