[Spice-devel] mouse problem with muiltiple monitors (was [Users] HowTo: Spice ActiveX Plugin/Virt Viewer Console on oVirt 3.1)

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Wed Sep 19 05:54:02 PDT 2012

13 sep 2012 kl. 11.26 skrev Itamar Heim:

On 09/13/2012 10:24 AM, Karli Sjöberg wrote:

13 sep 2012 kl. 01.21 skrev Dead Horse:

Thank you! glad to be able to help ;)

As Itamar mentioned if you are running the spice client inside a VM
(dunno if this is case) you will need the guest paravirtual driver
and/or services for mouse handling. I have observed exactly this
behavior before when running the spice client in a VM when the guest
tools/drivers for mouse handling are not present (In my case most of
the time VirtualBox).

No this has been using virt-viewer on physical machines, and if you disable any secondary monitor, the problem goes away...which is a bummer, since many folks has more than one monitor these days. Also I have tried installing the qxl video driver and guest mouse handling add-on from the spice-space.org<http://spice-space.org> windows guest tools package, and that has solved this issue as well. But to use the video driver in Win7/2008(R2), you need to set windows to "Test Mode" because the driver isn´t digitally signed, and that disables it´s use in production, unfortunately. Which means that VDI with Windows guests in KVM, for now, is impossible. Correct me if I´m wrong.

Very amusing "bug":) But cripples SPICE´s usage.

I have tested this from 5 different physical machines running Win7/IE,
and this behavior shows itself only on machines with more than one
monitor, or a laptop with another monitor attached .e.g. These guest
tools you both mention, would these be
"http://spice-space.org/download/binaries/spice-guest-tools-0.1.exe"?
And can you install them in a physical machine as well?

cc-ing spice-devel to see if they have insights on your issue

/Karli

- DHC

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Itamar Heim <iheim at redhat.com<mailto:iheim at redhat.com>