[Spice-devel] why we aren't using only qxl device to get/set monitor on/off status?

David Jaša djasa at redhat.com
Fri Apr 19 11:14:59 PDT 2013

Hi,

when using multi-monitor (with both linux and windows VMs), all sorts of
bugs seem to have root cause of racy behaviour caused by agent turning
the guest monitors on/off.

The question that pops into my mind is in the subject. What are the
reasons? It seems to me that if vdagent's activer role would be reduced
just to setting of the arbitrary resolution of the monitor, number of
bugs concerning multi monitor support would magically go down by order
of magnitude...

David

--

David Jaša, RHCE

SPICE QE based in Brno
GPG Key:     22C33E24
Fingerprint: 513A 060B D1B4 2A72 7F0D 0278 B125 CD00 22C3 3E24