[Spice-devel] usbredir for Windows Client(s).

Jason Fergus jason.fergus at cmcflex.com
Sun Apr 28 14:47:17 PDT 2013

Hello, I have been scouring the internet for information on how to do
this.  I've successfully installed a Windows 7 VM using Virt-manager,
and can connect to it with the spice client under Arch Linux so that I
may redirect a USB device to the VM.  Unfortunately for the task I'm
trying to use this for, I need it to work on a Windows Client.

Has anyone successfully compiled virt-viewer or any of the spice clients
for Windows to support usb redirection?

The version located here,
http://www.spice-space.org/download/gtk/windows/virt-viewer-0.5.3_x64.exe has the option for redirection grayed out.  I've seen several posts in regard to others attempting to get this working, but the newest one I've seen is from October of 2012; http://www.mail-archive.com/spice-devel@lists.freedesktop.org/msg10949.html

Any help would be most appreciated.

--
Jason Fergus