[Spice-devel] spice-vdagent on Ovirt 3.1

Terrence Wu (吳星輝) terrence.wu at mediatek.com
Wed Apr 17 01:44:34 PDT 2013

Hi,

We’re proceeding on a benchmark for SPICE and other remote access programs. We found that SPICE is really cool espacially when the spice-vdagentd is working.
Yet there is something we concern about the data security, spice-vdagentd enables the capability to share clipboard data between SPICE client and the virtual guestOS. It’s also a useful function but we do not expect to provide copy/paste function for text or graphic in certain restrictive cases.

Is there any way to enable spice-vdagentd without copy/paste bwtween client and guest OS?
The performance wih QXL, SPICE, and spice-vdagent is quite excellent, but the copy/paste issue is the only constraint.

System info:
Virtual solution: Ovirt 3.1
Host server OS: CentOS 6.3 (kernel: 2.6.32-358.2.1.el6.x86_64)
qemu-kvm-0.12.1.2-2.295.el6x86_64
spice-server-0.12.0-12.el6x86_64

Guest OS: RHEL 5.8 (kernel 2.6.18-308.el5.x86_64)
spice-vdagent-0.10.1-1.el5

Best Regards,
Terrence