[Spice-devel] Opus, alternative video codec and hardware acceleration

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Fri Aug 2 00:11:07 PDT 2013

  Hi,

> And, finally, you actually need someone to do the work.  I don't really
> have a sense how much work the qemu side would be.

Nothing ;)

You just have to get the interface changes in server/spice.h right.
Basically you'll go bump the interface minor version
(SPICE_INTERFACE_PLAYBACK_MINOR) from 2 to 3 and change the sample rate
(SPICE_INTERFACE_PLAYBACK_FREQ) from 44100 to 48000.  Same for
recording.  Done.

Then spice-server has to check the minor version field when qemu
registers a sound interface.  When the minor is 2 or smaller qemu was
compiled against older libspice-server and expects/sends 44.1k samples.
When it is 3 or greater 48k is used.

cheers,
  Gerd