[Spice-devel] multi monitor support not quite working

David Mansfield spice at dm.cobite.com
Tue Aug 20 06:21:58 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I'm trying to get two displays working.  Host and guest are fully
updated Fedora 19 (x86_64).

When I open the second display using the menu in remote-viewer, it comes
up black.

As soon as I run "xrandr" (with NO options) from the command line, the
desktop extends to twice the width, but what appears in the second
monitor is the ENTIRE desktop, i.e. the contents of both "outputs" in
xrandr speak.  xrandr output shows the correct values.

If I continue opening and closing displays using remote-viewer menu it
seems there's always one which is "the entire desktop", and the next one
seems ok.

If I attempt to change video mode (using xrandr) on any of the displays,
spice "hangs" (all connections say waiting for connection to graphics
server) and CPU utilization goes to 100% in guest. A reboot of the guest
is necessary to resolve this.

Also, actual mouse position is offset up and left from displayed mouse
position.

Any ideas to get this working?

Thanks,
David Mansfield