[Spice-devel] Feature requests for virt-viewer windows port

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Mon Aug 26 08:46:38 PDT 2013

Hi Alon,
> So you want to access the guest or the host? If the guest, that's exactly what I meant, since spice doesn't have any other connection except to the host, i.e. the process running the spice-server (qemu/qemu-kvm).
I want access to the guest consoles, which means spice connections to
the host. But I want those connections secured either by TLS or SSH. So
far can get only plain insecure spice connections from a windows
workstation to the kvm host.

I'm happy running Linux on my desktop, but I am the only one here.
Everyone else runs Windows, and I'm trying to find a setup that's
acceptable to them.

> Ah, I didn't realize on windows virt-viewer doesn't work. Well, that's something to fix I guess. I have no idea how much work that is :(
Today It looks like I need a Linux desktop to manage a KVM host or to
access KVM guest consoles.

Of course everything works fine using Xming and putty, but windows
people doesn't like this. They want native windows tools that take care
of all connection details, without need to start ssh tuneels by hand. :-(

[]s, Fernando Lozano