[Spice-devel] Build windows virt-viewr

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 01:39:05 PST 2013

On 10 December 2013 11:11, Lindsay Mathieson
<lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 December 2013 21:54, Marc-André Lureau <mlureau at redhat.com> wrote:
> I've got mingw32-spice-gtk and virt-viewer configured/build, but am
> having problems with the install and dependant dlls. Have been
> following the instructions from here:
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2012-October/011206.html
>
> make install DESTDIR=/home/lindsay/tmp
> makensis data/virt-viewer.nsis -DDESTDIR=/home/lindsay/tmp
>
> but the second step results in:
>

> File: "deps.txt" -> no files found.
> Usage: File [/nonfatal] [/a] ([/r] [/x filespec [...]] filespec [...] |
>    /oname=outfile one_file_only)
> Error in script "data/virt-viewer.nsis" on line 65 -- aborting creation
process

> I did a search, there is no deps.txt file.

I built it! and got it installed on windows - and it fixed the Caret
problem I was having! (cursor on black blackround).

Changes:
  "makensis data/virt-viewer.nsis -DDESTDIR=/home/lindsay/tmp"

should be

  makensis -DDESTDIR=/home/lindsay/tmp data/virt-viewer.nsis

the env var def has to come before the script file.

Had to update the versions of
  libtasn1-3.dll and libgnutls-26.dll
  libtasn1-6.dll and libgnutls-28.dll

That let me build the installer, but the exe's wouldn't run on windows
- there were a lot of dll's not found. In the end I just copied all
the dlls from /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/bin across.

--
Lindsay