[Spice-devel] Packaging spice-html5

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 11:33:41 PST 2013

Hi

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Alon Levy <alevy at redhat.com> wrote:
>>   2.  Any versioning preferences?  Spice seems to be using a lot
>>       of 0.x.y versions, so that seems to be the pattern to match.
>
> I don't feel comfortable answering this one, I'll let someone else.

I don't think we have a common rule for that, and I don't think we
should have one.

You should have a version number that makes sense to your project. I
would say for spice-html5, if it provides an API (to be embedded etc),
you should use the common scheme Major.Minor[.Revision]. Major is
necessary if you break API, imho. But, I would say it's up to you, and
ymmv...

--
Marc-André Lureau