[Spice-devel] Fixing the spice-gtk version scheme mess

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 07:23:12 PST 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:

> After this thread and the spice-gtk 0.17 release, I'm _very_ surprised to
> see some patches on top of the F18 and rawhide package, including (at
> least) one patch which is mandatory to build spice-gtk with newer gtk+
> versions. jhbuild is one downstream user which is impacted by this issue.

We don't go through review for trivial build fixes in spice-gtk. Also,
those fixes are only necessary for unstable gtk+ releases afaik.

> Last but not least, your patches to the Fedora package are buggy:
> $ pkg-config --modversion spice-client-gtk-2.0
> 0.17-dirty

It's on purpose, since it's not official version. Is that a problem?

> Can we get a 0.17.1 release to fix all of this?

I'll do a new release, since other people depends on unstable gtk+ release.

--
Marc-André Lureau