[Spice-devel] windows7 qlx hangs/freezes

bruce bushby bruce.bushby at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 06:03:52 PST 2013

Hi

I'm having an issue with
spice-guest-tools-0.52<http://spice-space.org/download/windows/spice-guest-tools/spice-guest-tools-0.52.exe>
so
was hopping to get some opinions before I submit a bug.

Initial Setup:
Laptop (Fedora 16) [ running "spicec" and NOT virt-viewer ]
Server (Fedora 17)
Guest: windows7
Application: Altium Designer

The above was working 100% ....until I installed
spice-guest-tools-0.52<http://spice-space.org/download/windows/spice-guest-tools/spice-guest-tools-0.52.exe>
...then
I launched Altium...opened a project and the console froze

I then updated everything:
Laptop: Fedora 18
Server: Fedora 18 ( running spicec )
Guest: windows7
Application: Altium Designer

Same issue.....when I install
spice-guest-tools-0.52<http://spice-space.org/download/windows/spice-guest-tools/spice-guest-tools-0.52.exe>
Altium freezes.

I then removed the qlx driver and installed the win-qlx-debug driver, now
the console "blue screens" and creates a dump in c:\windows\minidump.

I'm not good with windows (I use Fedora) ...but am more then willing to
help with testing and submitting dump files.....however I am unable to
compile
on windows.

Any ideas?

Thanks