[Spice-devel] Fixing the spice-gtk version scheme mess

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Wed Jan 2 08:02:01 PST 2013

Hi

> Nor can we realistically expect other distros to go and figure out
> which magic combination of fixes to apply! Therefor we *must* do
> bugfix releases, to make stable, well-working, versions of spice-gtk
> available to as wide an audience as possible.

We only stick to a specific version in RHEL. Upstream doesn't have maintained older releases. What I understand you are complaining about is that upstream doesn't have sticky releases with only bugfixes. This is by choice, not by mistake.

Now, if we want to share the bugfixes in an official way, we can maintain the RHEL branches upstream. If other distros have different schedule they will have to deal with their own release maintainance, as we don't do it for every releases.

0.16 will be releases as planned, so people following upstream will get the fix.