[Spice-devel] optimize the spice/kvm performance on PC.

Rozen Lin rozen.lin at sinobot.com.cn
Thu Jan 10 19:02:02 PST 2013

Hi, All!
   Now we want to test our solution powered by spice-kvm/qemu-libvirt,
and we only want to deploy 1 VM for 1 PC host, so what's the best
practice to gain the optimized performance of them?
  Referred to
http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Tuning_KVM
  We will configure the cpu/network/storage suggested there as -cpu
host, virtio, lvm storage,etc.
  Besides these, is there any other options/methods to improve the
performance of kvm/qemu?
  And what's the best practice of SPICE configuration/settings, how can
we leverage the maximum computer power of host for this only one VM in
spice?
  Any more clues and suggestions are much appreciated, thanks!

Regards,
        Rozen.