[Spice-devel] [video-qxl 2/2] Default to only one head, not 4.

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon Jan 21 14:26:58 PST 2013

>> Hmm.  I've been making sure that no change I make impacts the gtk spice
>> client connecting to a qemu fedora 17 guest.  But I don't see that
>> option there.  I'll see about using remote viewer instead.
>>
>> Did you see an actual problem using the patch, or is just clear to you
>> that there will be one?
>
> The latter, with only 1 head, there will be no way to dynamically add
> new displays (or so I expect).

Can you hit me with a user clue bat so I can test this?

I am using a fedora17 kvm image, and the very latest (built just now
from git) versions of virt-viewer and spice-gtk.

When I go to remote-viewer, view->displays never shows me anything other
than 'display 1'; I've tried various versions of xf86-video-qxl to no
avail, and I've tried adding 'device -qxl device -qxl' to the kvm
command line, as one effort with google suggested, but I've had no luck.

Hints appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy