[Spice-devel] [video-qxl 2/2] Default to only one head, not 4.

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Wed Jan 23 10:07:59 PST 2013

>> I currently have qemu-1.3 + spice server 0.12-2, with spice client gtk
>> and virt-viewer from git tip of yesterday.  I am running a fully up to
>> date fc18 guest.
>
> Hmm that should be new enough I think...
>
>> I launch qemu from the command line, adding the -global qxl-vga.revision
>> flag as you suggested.  I still don't see the extra displays show up.
>>
>> Anything else?
>
> What is your qemu cmdline ? Have you enabled:
> 1) spice as display protocol (-spice)
> 2) qxl as vga adapter (-vga qxl)
> 3) The spice agent chardevice (see below)

Here's my command line:

qemu-system-x86_64 -machine accel=kvm:tcg -cpu kvm64 -m 1G -hda
fedora18.qcow2 \
    -usb -spice port=5900,disable-ticketing -vga qxl \
    -global qxl-vga.revision=4 \
    -device virtio-serial \
    -chardev spicevmc,id=vdagent,name=vdagent \
    -device virtserialport,chardev=vdagent,name=com.redhat.spice.0

Any chance I've got a configure glitch?  I've checked my config.log
outputs and haven't seen anything obvious, but perhaps I'm compiling
the feature out.

Also, if I grep source code / log files, any good keywords to grep for?
(grep -i display has an exhausting set of results :-/).

Cheers,

Jeremy