[Spice-devel] cut/paste failure on Windows 7 guest

Han Pilmeyer pilux at pilmeyer.nl
Thu Jan 24 01:00:49 PST 2013

On 23/01/2013 15:34, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 01:10:15PM +0100, Han Pilmeyer wrote:
>> I'm really happy that Cole made available the latest Windows
>> drivers. However, as a naïve Fedora user, this is really confusing.
>> For as far as I can tell the virtio-win package is no longer
>> shipping with Fedora.
> Did it ever ship with Fedora?
Ah, good point. I switched distros when I started to use KVM, so I'm
actually not sure.
Could be that the virtio-win as a package is only available with RHEL
through RHN, perhaps. It would be nice for the Fedora users if there was
an easy way to get to the Windows guest drivers with a version that is
appropriate for their host os.

> It would probably help if I sync the guest tools installer version
> number with the virtio-win version number. It will probably be harder
> to do that for qxl and the agent though. Christophe
I can just say that the spice-guest-tools seem to be a very nice way to
get the guest drivers installed on Windows. If the version number
somehow matches the version of the drivers from virtio-win, that would
be a plus.

Cheers,
Han