[Spice-devel] QXL from spice-guest-tools-0.3, Code 52 - signing problem?

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 06:10:10 PST 2013

Hey,

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 01:24:03PM +0100, Han Pilmeyer wrote:

> On 25/01/2013 01:36, Richard Chan wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Is anyone having problems with the QXL driver from spice-guest-tools 0.3
> >under Windows 7 Pro?
> >
> >It is installing correctly but not running due to signing issues
> >(code 52).
> >If I disable Driver Enforcement (F8) it runs fine.
> >
> >All other drivers in that set, i.e., serial, net, storage, balloon
> >are working with
> >Driver Enforcement.
> >

> I use it both on 32-bit and 64-bit with Windows 7 Enterprise and I
> have no problems with the driver.

I expect the virtio drivers and the qxl driver to install with a warning
on win7 32 bit, and to be rejected on win7 64 bit (because they are non
WHQL'ed) unless you disable driver signing verification somehow.

However, you're not the first one mentioning signature issues on the
QXL driver. Something may be wrong there, but I'm not sure how to check
driver signatures by myself :-/