[Spice-devel] how to support higher resoltion in guest VMs?

Edgar shweng at 163.com
Wed Jul 3 20:10:30 PDT 2013

Hi all,
I want to implement 4K TV mointor support on spice client with max resolution of 4096x2160.
but now the QXL driver only support max resolution of 2560x1600.(windows guest VM's resolution ranged from 800x600 to 2560x1600)
please advise me how to achieve this or code related . I have checked the source code of QXL, virtio driver,and spice-server and can't find the code be related to guest screen resolutions support.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards