[Spice-devel] seamless spice migration : question about password/ticket for target vm

Yonit Halperin yhalperi at redhat.com
Mon Jul 22 08:58:26 PDT 2013

Hi,
On 07/22/2013 08:04 AM, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to do migration, and I have a question about password on target vm.
>

> If I understand, client try to connect to target vm with same password (temporary ticket) used to connect to source vm.
>

> But, we need to configure this password to target vm, as I think that qemu migration process don't copy the password between both spice server right ?
> So we need to store this password somewhere on the host, which seem to be bad for security. (Seem that libvirt store it in guest config xml)
ovirt's vdsm sets to the destination host the same ticket that was set
upon the original connection.

> Is it possible to generate a new ticket for target vm, and send it to the client ? (I don't see any option in qmp client_migrate_info )

I don't think there is a way to do it without changing
client_migrate_info and the protocol. Even if we would have a password
option in client_migrate_info, I don't know if libvirt can retrieve this
information.

Regards,
Yonit.