[Spice-devel] allow config download with https

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Jul 24 21:50:43 PDT 2013

Currently, remote-viewer is able to connect to the ovirt REST API using something like:

ovirt://x.y.z/a/b

Unfortunately, this just works with ovirt, and not with our API (Proxmox VE).

I think a better approach would be to allow download of setup file from https:

https://x.y.z/a/b

If that returns content type 'application/x-virt-viewer' we have all we need to start a session.

What do you think about that?

Besides, is there an easy way to implement a https client using glib only? If not, is there
a small library we can use for that purpose? - any suggestions?