[Spice-devel] allow config download with https

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Thu Jul 25 03:10:27 PDT 2013

Hi!

----- Mensaje original -----
> > Besides, is there an easy way to implement a https client using glib only?
> > If
> > not, is there a small library we can use for that purpose? - any
> > suggestions?
>
> Answering myself, I think libcurl would be a good candidate - see:
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/competitors.html
>
> But would you accept a patch which introduces a new dependency to 'libcurl'?

libsoup is more gobject/gtk friendly, but virt-viewer already links indirectly with libcurl (probably via libvirt).

Since it's simply a data fetch from https, why does it needs to be part of virt-viewer?

Can't you write a simple wrapper/script to take care of that?

Couldn't this content be served differently?