[Spice-devel] allow config download with https

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Thu Jul 25 03:56:20 PDT 2013

hi

----- Mensaje original -----
> > Since it's simply a data fetch from https, why does it needs to be part of
> > virt-
> > viewer?
> >
> > Can't you write a simple wrapper/script to take care of that?
>
> Sure. Then I have to maintain/install a script and remote-viewer, and I want
> to avoid that.
>
> Why is the ovirt code included? I guess it is just convenient.

I haven't used the ovirt support, but my impression was that it was performing authentication + lookup using some rest api.

> Also, I think using https and libcurl can completely replace the libovirt
> dependency.

I guess you would need to handle the above, parsing the output, handling request state etc. Abstracting all this is precisely what libovirt is about.

> > Couldn't this content be served differently?
>
> I do not really understand that question?

Why do you need to fetch the vv file directly from the HTTPS server? Why not opening it from a browser, like "firefox url" will open up a dialog (or not, if you set your preferences) and run virt-viewer.