[Spice-devel] allow config download with https

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri Jul 26 03:17:56 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 06:56:20AM -0400, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> > Sure. Then I have to maintain/install a script and remote-viewer, and I want
> > to avoid that.
> >
> > Why is the ovirt code included? I guess it is just convenient.
>
> I haven't used the ovirt support, but my impression was that it was performing authentication + lookup using some rest api.

Yes, libgovirt is using the REST API to go from VM name to VM guid, and
then to get the connection information for that VM, and to generate a
ticket to connect to it.

> > I do not really understand that question?
>
> Why do you need to fetch the vv file directly from the HTTPS server? Why
> not opening it from a browser, like "firefox url" will open up a dialog
> (or not, if you set your preferences) and run virt-viewer.

In my opinion, we could support running 'remote-viewer
https://proxmox.example.com/myvm.vv', I guess gio/gvfs should be able to
fetch files from http[s] (no libcurl please ;). Is it what you (Dietmar)
are looking for?