[Spice-devel] Integrating SPICE in OpenStack

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Mar 4 08:39:35 PST 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 09:51:15AM +0100, mohamed feki wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I want to use spice instead of vnc ,  but failed. Have anyone
> integrated spice with openstack ?  Could you share your knowledge with me ?

Historically OpenStack only supported VNC. In the forthcoming Grizzly
release SPICE will be an option too. If using DevStack to deploy OpenStack
Grizzly, then all you need do is edit the localrc file for DevStack to set

  enable_service n-spice
  disable_service n-novnc
  disable_service n-xvnc

You may have issues on Debian/Ubuntu though since their regular builds
of QEMU lack SPICE support. I did all the development work on a Fedora
host (17 and 18) so that's what is known to work best with SPICE and
OpenStack.

Daniel