[Spice-devel] Usbredir tcp questions

Fabio Fantoni fantonifabio at tiscali.it
Tue Mar 19 09:10:26 PDT 2013

For now we are unable to have qxl working with xen and spice
performances without it are not so good.
We are trying to have usbredir without spice to solve at least another
big problem with proprietary usb redirection with windows that is bugged.
On our tests opensource usbredir seems very good and without critical
bugs found for now.

I have not found good documentation about usbredir tcp, so I tried this:

On qemu:
-chardev socket,id=charredir0,host=192.168.1.38,port=4000
-device","usb-redir,chardev=charredir0,id=redir0,bus=usb.0

On client:
usbredirserver -p 4000 -v 4 xxxx:xxxx

It is working but it seems that usbredir must launched before qemu or
qemu wan't start.

Is there a way to assign multiple devices and to add these even after
qemu launch?

Is there something that do automatic share when pluging-in usb devices
similar to spice-gtk with usbredir tcp?

Thanks for any reply.