[Spice-devel] client viewer - not able to connect

Uri Lublin uril at redhat.com
Wed May 8 02:07:34 PDT 2013

On 04/24/2013 07:24 PM, Frank Fraijo wrote:
> I have RH Desktop Virt 6.4 running on a physical server.  I'm able to get spice running on it with no issue.  At my local windowsXP work station, I've installed the latest Virtviewer ( spice windows download ).
>
> I'm not able to connect.   I've tried several login attempts with no joy:
>
>       spice://admin@IP:PORT
>      spice://IP:PORT  ( 5900,5901,5902..etc)
>     spice://IP
>
> Nothing works.  Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Some ideas:
1. Connectivity: can you ping from your local work station to the
physical server ?
2. Firewall: can you check if the firewall on the server enables access
to the port you are using ?
3. Server only listens to local access (-spice addr=localhost,port=PORT)

Maybe the server logs why it rejected connection.
Anything interesting in the server (qemu-kvm) output ?

What's the qemu-kvm command line ?

Uri.