[Spice-devel] govirt 0.30 plans

i iordanov iiordanov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 16:03:21 PST 2013

Hi Christophe,

I got around the issue of the self-signed certificate and not being
able to set the ssl-ca-file property through OvirtProxy by manually
hacking rest-0.7.90 for now. If you would like to see the rest-0.7.90
hack, please let me know, but I don't think it's relevant.

Once I get past the certificate issue, I encounter another difficulty
with both oVirt 3.2 and oVirt 3.3 (I installed both in an effort to
see if an older oVirt will work).

What happens is that both the new govirt usage:
    vms = ovirt_api_get_vms(api);
    ovirt_collection_fetch(vms, proxy, &error);
    vm = OVIRT_VM(ovirt_collection_lookup_resource(vms, vm_name));

and the old govirt usage:
    ovirt_proxy_fetch_vms(proxy, &error);
    vm = ovirt_proxy_lookup_vm(proxy, vm_name);

result in vm == NULL (vms was not NULL).

The exact call which fails with resource == NULL is:
    resource = g_hash_table_lookup(collection->priv->resources, name);

What I have done is manually navigated to https://FQDN/api/vms in
order to attach the output I get there for you to see if you can spot
why libgovirt fails to look up the VMs. The call failed with name set
to both "win" and "winbak".

I will be happy to test patches to libgovirt 0.30 for both the
ssl-ca-file issue and the issue I'm reporting now. Let me know how I
can be of additional assistance.

Many thanks!
iordan iordanov

--
The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.