[Spice-devel] Opus support patch set take 3; 0/6

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Tue Nov 12 13:52:17 PST 2013

The following patch series is take 3 of the Opus support patches.

They test out cleanly for me in playback and record.  I particularly
focused on the test case of old qemu, new spice, although I also
affirmed the test case of new spice, old client as well.

This should be different from take 2 as follows:

  spice-common:
    Remove SND_CODEC_OPUS_PLAYBACK_CHAN
    Tighten configure.ac

  spice:
    Create the codec only once in playback start (i.e. fix prior glitch)
    Return an error if we cannot create the codec requested by client
    Trim white space in .syms properly
    client: use frequency to compute the mode; should handle
       the case of a new client, new server, but old qemu
    Add a typo correcting patch for sampel --> sample

  spice-gtk:
    Return error if we cannot create at frequency
    Use frequency to compute the mode; should handle
      the case of a new client, new server, and old qemu
    Compute frame size a bit more cleanly using new code

  qemu:
    Use correct RECORD interface macro at the right version

I chose to not address the following comments:

  I left the bounds check on codec buffer size in this patch
  I left the Opus check with 0.9.4, not 1.0.0

I have not yet, but still intend to, research the corner cases where
hard coding in the old spicec can fail to record properly.

Cheers,

Jeremy